The San Diego Clean Slate Clinic provides FREE legal assistance with expungements, early termination of probation, and felony reductions to misdemeanor. We may also be able to assist with Prop 47 and Prop 64.
PLEASE NOTE: Important changes are coming to the Clinic in 2020! Due to a lack of resources to support our services, we will be implementing a reduction in services. Please check our website for updates regarding 2020 Clinic dates, hours and locations.
1. Valid Photo ID
2. DOJ Rap Sheet (Get it here) / case information; In order to receive services at the Clinic, you will need to provide information about your criminal cases. If you do not have your case info, you may get your DOJ Rap Sheet by getting Livescan fingerprints at the Clinic. Your DOJ Rap Sheet will show all of your adult convictions in the state of CA.
3. Copies of recent background checks
4. Proof of completed community service
5. Proof of completed court-mandated or voluntary programs
6. Proof of completed or in-progress education or other post-conviction accomplishments accomplishments
7. Letters of recommendation from pastor, programs or friends speaking to your character & who you are today
8. Receipts of payments for fines, fees or restitution; or proof of payment plan. For San Diego cases, please contact the Office of Revenue and Recovery at for summary of monies owed on criminal cases.
We offer assistance with:
We may be able to assist you if:
What to Expect